In this case review, we will walk you through how to sell digital products through Sales Jet, using the example of selling an e-book.
Go to the section What to Sell > Products tab and click the Add Product button. In the window that opens complete the fields:
- Title - Write the name of your product. Ours is "Tasty breakfast".
- Description - Add a brief description of the product.
- Price – Specify the cost of the e-book.
- Type of product – The default type is: Downloadable (digital) product. Leave this.
- Free download – Check the box if your product is free and any user can download it via the link. In our case, we do not check the box.
- Add File – You need to attach the actual file that users will download. We attached a book in PDF format.
Click the Create and Exit button. You will see your product "Tasty Breakfast" in your product list. Everything in the product list is available to be sold through your webpage.
Creating a funnel to sell your digital product
Go to Sales Channels > Websites > Funnels tab. Click the Create a New Funnel button. Fill in the fields:
- Funnel Name – Choose a name that is descriptive to your visitors as they will see this.
- Description of the funnel – Describe your product. This description will also be available to visitors and visitors to your sites.
- Sales Jet Domain – Create a name for the funnel; this will be the URL of the website page.
- Funnel Language – Select a language from the list.
- Click the Create Funnel button.
You are now ready to add a web page.
Creating a web page
Click Create New Page. In the window that opens, select your desired page template. Click the Choose button. Now setup your page by filling in the fields:
- Funnel – Select a funnel from the list.
- Page Title – Name the page; will be seen in SEO searches and by page visitors.
- Description – Write a description; will also be viewable to visitors.
- Page address – You can add to the page address or leave it as-is.
- Click Create Page.
The page that we just created appears in the list of pages.
Design web page
Click the green Design button to go to the page editor. Here you can change the design of your page. For more information on how to create a page design, read the "Page Editor" sections in the article "General Overview of the Page Editor", "Sections, Columns and Rows", "Elements" and others.
When we created our page, we chose a ready-made template. Ready-made templates give you a framework to start from, but you will almost always need to edit and change it to suit your needs. To edit, we selected the main section and deleted the background image, then replaced it with our image. Then we added a form where someone could order a book. In the second section, we set the background color and added a title and text – a description of our product. And in the final section we added information about the author. To learn more about editing a page and adding elements see the articles outlined above.
In creating the form you want to ensure you have all the fields you need a customer to fill in for the action at hand. In our case that is simply their name and e-mail. Once the fields have been created and named correctly, you will need to configure the button. In the right-hand menu go to the Click Action section and toggle this on. In the Action field, select Purchase, and in the Product selection field, select the product you want connected to this action from the list (in our case, this is the Tasty Breakfast product.
After the page is ready click the Publish button. A window will pop up with a link to the published page. Follow the link and see how your page looks for visitors. If necessary, go back to the page editor and edit it.
Creation of payment methods
We now have a page where people can find and purchase our product by clicking the Checkout button. Once clicked the visitor is taken to the payment page. Here the possible payment methods for the product are listed. Payment methods are all possible ways you will receive payments, such as a debit or credit card, paypal and others. To add these payment tools you need to first create them in the Settings section.
To do this go to Settings > Project Settings > Payment Instruments. Click the button Create Payment Integration and add one of the payment options:
- Cash – This payment method is not suitable for selling e-books, because the seller and the buyer do not meet in person. Therefore, we would not add this payment method to this page.
For details on how to connect payment methods, please see the article "Payment methods".Once you have added payment methods to the page, when someone clicks that e-book purchase button Sales Jet will automatically send the e-book to the client’s e-mail upon payment.
If necessary, you can add a Sales Jet flow - this is a sequence of interactions between your site visitors and you through automated actions (for example, sending an email with a special offer).
Creating a Sales Jet Flow
Return to the created page in the section Sales Channels. Click on the Funnel Flow. We will now define the events that a visitor can make on our page that will trigger the flow.
Add the event Submit Form. This means that when a visitor fills out and submits a form to purchase an e-book the funnel flow will be triggered and an email will automatically be sent to the customer with an offer to purchase another product. Once the event is defined, click the button Add Action, then select Send e-mail and set up the email following the template. For more on creating an email, read the article "E-mail Templates".
In order to create a template, you must specify an SMTP connection. This is covered in the article "E-mail Settings". After the email is fully set up click Save, and you have your first funnel flow action
This funnel will ensure that after purchasing your e-book, every customer will receive a follow-up email with a special offer to purchase another product from your offerings. You can create several emails or other outreach actions in a flow, depending on how you want to follow-up on your digital download purchases.