Training Jet is a closed platform with a separate registration and log-in where users can take training courses you create.
A training course is a set of consecutive steps (video, text, tests) grouped according to a specific topic that users study in online sessions. You provide access to each individual course or by subscriptions which grant access to all your courses on Training Jet. Access can be both paid and free.
Training Jet Settings
When you create your course on Training Jet, you must first configure it. Click on the Training Jet tab.
In the Training Jet Settings window that opens fill in the general information about your course:
- Course name.
- Course description.
- Set the course domain name – this is the URL where your users will access the course.
- Set up your SMTP server – you can use the Sales Jet Email or Create a new connection. See article "E-mail Settings" for more information.
- Add an external domain address if you choose.
- Set the payment gateway (how to install the payment instrument, see the article "Payment instruments").
- Fill in the "Support Instructions" field - this is message for your future Training Jet users - write a message in the field and it will be displayed on the Support page on Training Jet. For example: "If you need any technical support, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!"
- Save your settings.
When you have configured Training Jet go to the "Courses" tab. The course you created is now available in the course list and can be set up. Click the "Edit" button on the right to begin editing the course.
Creation of second and subsequent courses
Once you have created your first course, you will not need to re-enter the settings information (the domain, server, payment instruments). For these additional courses, you are only creating the course itself. To add additional courses click on the Training Jet tab, select "Courses" and click on the "Create New Course" button.
Fill in the fields in the next window:
- Course name.
- Course description.
- Prerequisite course (if applicable) – If you set a prerequisite course this course will only be available to users who have completed the course you specified.
- Published – Check the box if you are ready to publish the course and make it available for study. If you uncheck the box, the course will not visible to users and they cannot study it.
- Is free – If you check this box, this course will be available to any user registered with Training Jet, without payment and without a subscription.
- Hide the course from users who do not have a subscription – Check this box to make this course visible only to users who are registered on Training Jet and who have a subscription. This allows you to provide courses only to those who have purchased a subscription, and it will not be available for purchase to other users. You may make it available for purchase through a funnel or manually assign a user to it.
- Save your settings.
Now you will see the menu for your course management:
- General information – In this tab, you can make changes to the course and upload an image from your computer.
- Course Steps – This is where you construct the course. Add steps: video, text, test by dragging an element to the center of the field in the order you wish the user to go through them. For example, first there is a video lesson, then a text article and at the end you can add a block of questions for a test to verify the knowledge gained.
- Users – You can view information about course users, search for a specific user, review the status of users (started the course and completed) and specify a training period. You may also read the user feedback on the course. If you click on an email in the list, you will be taken to the "View Profile" page. On this page, you can edit the user data. Read more in the article "Training Jet Users".
In this tab, you create a sequence of steps for the user to move through to learn about your subject. You can create, delete or change the sequence of steps, as well as add new steps. Any changes in the course can be made at any stage, even if you have already published the course and it is available to users. This means that at any time you can update the course, make changes, correct information, change videos, etc.
- Section – If you want to divide the course into separate parts you will need to add sections in order to group-specific steps of the course together.
- Article - This is a text format step. In this step, you can write text of any length, add images, tables, links, numbered and bulleted lists.
- Video - You can attach videos uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. To do this, insert a link to the video. Or you can embed a video by entering a video embed code instead of a link: select a video on YouTube, click the Share button and then select embed; the field to the right opens with the video code, copy it and paste into the field on Training Jet. Under the video, you can also add text content, images, tables, links.
- Block of questions - This allows you to control and verify the knowledge gained. You can create tests for users by writing specific questions, then add ready-made answers to each question and check the box next to the correct answer (or choose several options... the number of correct answers is unlimited).
Each step has additional settings:
- Delay settings – Select the delay type: "After previous" - the step will be available after the previous step. "Always available" - there will be no restriction to this step, even if the previous ones are not completed. "Time delay" - you can set a time delay from the beginning of the course (days, hours, minutes, seconds). "Date and time" - a delay until a certain date, after the specified time the step will be available to the user.
- Attaching files for download (paperclip icon) – In the field that opens, click the "Add file" button and upload files from your computer. Write the file name and description and click "Save". The file will be available for download to users at this step.
- Edit (pencil icon) - Use this button to edit the step.
- Delete - Deletes the step.
To add another course, go back to the "Courses" tab and click "Create New Course".
To split courses into categories, click the "Categories" button and then "Create a new category". Enter a name and description for the category, and click "Save".
Now in the "Courses" section drag the course to the category with the mouse. You can group courses by subject. Categories will be visible to your users on the main course page.