Event – this is a possible action a user can take when interacting with the page. "What does the user choose to do?" This event will trigger the flow (sequence of follow-up actions).
In the flow, you can select user-initiated events when visiting a page. Event types differ in the funnel flow, the page flow, and the Training Jet flow. You can create a separate flow for each of the listed events. After the event is created, you need to set up a flow of actions in response to this event.
Below are the types of events in each flow.
Types of events in the flow of a page
- Page Visit - The flow triggers when someone visits a page.
- Page Left - When a visitor wants to leave the page. 10 seconds after the user left the page.
- File Download - When a user downloads a file.
- NO File Download - The user leaves the page without downloading the file.
- Form Submit - When the guest submits the form on the page.
- Added to Cart - Guest adds a product to the cart.
- Removed from Cart - User removes a product from the cart.
Types of events in a funnel flow
- Form Submit - The event is triggered when the visitor has completed and submitted a form on any funnel page. Does not require additional settings.
- Order Data Form Submit - A visitor submitted an order form on the page: shipping address, phone number, email and more. Does not require additional settings.
- Added to Cart - When a guest adds any item to their shopping cart. Does not require additional settings.
- Removed from Cart - When a guest removes an item from their cart. Does not require additional settings.
- Visit Checkout Page - The guest visits the checkout page. Does not require additional settings.
- Visit Thank You Page - When a user visits the thank you page after placing an order. Does not require additional settings.
- Order Purchase - Guest completes payment for an order. After you select this event, you must configure the product in the form that opens. Select a product from your list of products. If you have not yet created a single product, you will be prompted to go to the section "Products" and create a new product. See article "How to create a product".
- Order Cancellation - When the guest cancels his order. Does not require additional settings.
Types of events in the Training Jet flow
- TJ Account Created - This event occurs when you purchase or register a user, or if the administrator creates an account for the user manually. Does not require additional settings.
- Started the course - When a user starts a course. If you select this event, you must select a course in the field that opens. You can set up this event for each course.
- Completed course - The user finishes the course. In the field that opens, you must select the course for which this event will operate. You can create this event for each of your courses.
- Course step completed - The user completes a step in the course. You need to set up a course and a specific step in this course in the field that opens.
- No activity (N) days - When the user does not have activity for a certain number of days. In the field that opens, you need to configure the number of days without activity.
Types of events in the Facebook form flow
- Incoming Facebook Lead - In this flow there is only one type of event – an incoming lead. This event is triggered when someone fills out and submits a form on Facebook.
After you have created an event in the flow, you need to add subsequent actions to each event. How to do this is in the article "Types of actions in the flow".