Open the "Project Settings" tab "Email settings".
To send emails to your clients / leads, you need to set up an SMTP connection. Otherwise, you will not be able to send emails through Sales Jet.
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a set of actions designed for sending email. Creating an SMTP connection allows you to:
- Give permission to the computer that is trying to send the email.
- Send an outgoing message to the specified address and confirm that the message was successfully sent. If delivery is not possible, the server returns a reply to the sender with a send error. This allows you to verify your emails will send properly.
How to create an SMTP connection
Click the "Create a new SMTP connection" button.
A form will pop-up for you to fill in. I will walk you through some of the parts you may have questions about.
First you need to choose the type of SMTP connection: Sales Jet Built-In or your Own.
Connection type "Sales Jet Built-In"
You may wish to use our provided connection "Sales Jet Built-In". Selecting this you will be provided with a ready-made Sales Jet domain address such as "@p111.sjetmail.com" (the number will be your project number). The first part of the email address, before the @, you will create yourself. This can be your project name, your name, or if you do not want anyone to reply to the email use "no_reply" which creates an email address that does not allow a response to the email.
We do not recommend using the Built-In SMTP connection because these addresses are not verified by most servers, and as a result, the deliverability of your emails is reduced (the email may be sent to the recipient's spam folder). Additionally, the Built-In SMTP connection can send no more than 500 emails. Itis a good way to quickly start tho and to test your funnel and copy.
Connection type "Own SMTP"
We recommend using your own SMTP server.
If you already have an email account and domain set up then just go to that email's settings and copy the information for each of these lines:
- SMTP URL (some examples: smtp.gmail.com, smtp.yandex.ru, smtp.mail.ru)
- SMTP Port (This will be a number such as - 465)
- Login (This is the the full name of the mailbox including @ and domain)
- Password (The one you use to login to your mailbox)
- Email to send from (Enter which email address you want the email to be sent from)
- Name to send from (Enter the name you want the client to see on the email)
- Reply to email (You may enter the same address as in Email to send from, or a different one)
If you wish to create a separate connection just for your Sales Jet emails and don't want to use an email account through another provider, you can make your own SMTP connection as outlined below.
How to create your own SMTP
If you don’t have an SMTP connection through a provider, you will need to create it. The process is simple: you need to find the settings for the SMTP connection in your browser and enter the data in the "Own SMTP" form in Sales Jet.
Example of creating an SMTP connection in Google: In the Google help center "support.google" we find information on how to connect a google SMTP connection. Then we enter this data into the form:
- Name - Create a name for this connection. For example, "SMTP Google"
- Description - Add a description for yourself about the connection. For example, "SMTP Google server"
- SMTP address - Enter the SMTP address you are given. In our example, this is "smtp.gmail.com"
- SMTP port - Enter the port number for the browser you are using. Our support.google number is 25.
- Login and Password - This is your login info for Sales Jet.
- Email to send from - Specify the email address you want used to send emails.
- Name of the sender - Write the name that the recipient will see in the "From" field.
- Reply to email - Enter the email address where all responses will be sent to. If you do not want responses you may use a "no_reply" email.
- Is Primary - Check the box if this will be your main connection. The main SMTP connection will be displayed first in the list and is selected by default.
- Additional text - Anything written here will appear at the bottom of every email. For example: "Unsubscribe from".
When you are done with the form, click the "Save and Test Connection" button. The connection will be tested by sending a blank message. If the test is successful, Sales Jet will save this connection. If the test fails, you will need to review your information for accuracy, make whatever changes are needed or add any missing information. Then test and save the connection.
Manage e-mail settings
After you create an SMTP connection, you will see a list of available connections.
- Name - The name of the connection.
- SMTP URL - Whether it is a Built-in or Own connection.
- Emails sent total - The number of sent emails for the entire period.
- Emails sent last 30 days - Number of emails sent in the last 30 days.
- "Modify" button - You can edit and change the SMTP connection data.
- "Delete" icon - Removes SMTP connection.