In this article we will show how to connect the SendGrid service to Sales Jet so you can send e-mail broadcasts. SendGrid is one of the most popular mailing services and can connect to other services.
First you need to register on the SendGrid website. Follow this link to register and confirm your email address.
Go to the Setup Guide tab.
SendGrid offers several ways to send email. Select the first option in the list: integration using API or SMTP. Click the Start button.
You will be offered two types of integration: API and SMTP. Choose SMTP Relay.
Next you will set up the connection. Fill in the Create API Key fields. You can create any name you wish for your API key. For example: your company name. Next, click the Create Key button.
The key is now created. In the second step, you will configure it by entering your login and password for Sales Jet so it may integrate with your account. Once done your connection will be set up for broadcast sending.
Next, you will need to return to Sales Jet and set up your broadcast. Go to the Project Setting section > E-mail Settings tab, and then click Create a new SMTP connection. Fill in the fields:
- Type – Select own SMTP.
- Name – Create a name. For example: SendGrid server.
- Description – You can add a description if necessary. For example: integration with SendGrid.
- SMTP URL – Copy this value from the SendGrid site from the Server field.
- SMTP Port – Copy the value from the SendGrid site from the Ports field.
- Login and password – Copy these values from the SendGrid site from the Username and Password fields.
- Email to Send From – Enter the email address from which emails will be sent.
- Sender's Name and Reply To Email – These options will be visible to the email recipients so choose a name and email that makes sense for what you are sending.
- Additional Text – You can add text that will be displayed in each email. For example: unsubscribe section, company website, company address and phone number.
- When done, click the Save and Test Connection button.
If all data is correctly filled in, the SMTP connection will be created and displayed in the list of connections. If the data is not correct, an error message will pop up. Check all of your spelling and the data was entered in correctly and re-check the connection.
After creating the connection, return to the SendGrid page and check the I Have Updated my Settings button. Then click Next: Verify Integration.
Return to Sales Jet so you can check the integration and send yourself an e-mail. Go to the Websites section > Funnels > Go To Funnel > Flow funnel. Now create any event and attach a Send e-mail response to it. You can also use an existing event and action.
In the Send a Test Email To field enter your email (or any email you have access to) and click the Send Test Email Now button. Go to that mail account and verify whether you received the test email.
Go back to the SendGrid website and click the Verify Integration button.
Once it has been verified you will see a message that the integration was successful.
Once you receive this message you will see a new connection in your Sales Jet E-mail Settings (Project Settings section > Email Settings. On this page you can see the number of sent emails and can change the settings:
- Connection name – Clicking this link duplicates the Edit button.
- SMTP address.
- Emais Sent – This column shows the number of emails sent through this connection.
- Emails Sent Last 30 Days – Number of emails sent in the last 30 days.
- The Edit button – Click to change connection settings. For example, you can change the reply to address or the name of the sender.
- The Delete button – Click to remove the connection.